Pages

Monday, June 9, 2008

Professional Development Meme

A new Twend (a friend you meet via Twitter...I need my own language), Skip, introduced me to the following professional development challenge for the summer.


Directions

Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2008 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.


The Rules
  1. Pick 3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
  2. For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/01/08).
  3. Post the above directions along with your 3 goals on your blog.
  4. Title your post Professional Development Meme and link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/353.
  5. Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme.
  6. Tag 8 others to participate in the meme.
  7. Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
  8. Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.

My Goals
  1. Finish reading Daniel Pink's "A Whole New Mind." Figure out how it relates to my job.
  2. Get a firm grasp on SMART's wide range of materials and resources, most specifically Notebook 10.
  3. Update the job description for our district tech contacts.

People I will be tagging:
Jason Everett
Michelle Baldwin
Dan Schmitt
Katie Morrow
Deanna Stall
Chris Pultz
Mr. Kries
(I'll work on the last one)

Off to work!!

2 comments:

Katie Morrow said...

I finally responded to your challenge, Chris. I'm not sure why it was so hard for me to get done... probably forcing me to focus on ONLY 3 goals this summer! Anyway- I posted on http://teach42morrow.blogspot.com/ and can't wait to check back with you to see how we're doing with our goals!

By the way- Pink's book=great! and Notebook 10.0 is a great way to spend your time as well. Have a great summer!

Clif Mims said...

Thanks for joining the PD Meme, Chris. I hope that you enjoy and benefit from the activity.

All the best,
Clif
http://clifmims.com